My Family & Other Animals

Wednesday 26 October 2011

...and the Darwin Award for utter stupidity goes to...























Me!
Yes that's right, I'm a complete moron. Who else would hold an electric hand whisk (still plugged in) and try and scoop out the extra cream left behind. One reflexive moment later and I'm stood over the sink with a shredded finger tip!! Fool!
But on to lighter things. This weeks I Love ProMarkers Challenge (#89 - Tags) card is up and on display. Overall I'm quite happy with it but I really wish I had stamped onto the tag direct rather than add a sentiment the way I have done, to me the two shapes are fighting each other for attention with neither one really winning out. One of the girls on the blog said she thought the tag looked like a magic carpet which I really liked - it's always amazing to me what other people can see in your work that you are oblivious too. The image is from the Digi Doodle Shop and I know she isn't Jasmine but she looks enough like her for me, so I kind of went with the Aladdin theme. Anyhoo, hope you like the card and I'll see you all again real soon, x o x o x o
Andy
Entered into Paper Pretties Wednesday Challenge #177 - Embellish
The Paper Shelter #37 - Anything Goes
Ruby's Rainbow #15 - Metal
Scrapbook Sisters Card Challenge #58 - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
Party Time Tuesdays #39 - Anything Goes
Passion for ProMarkers # 123 - For a Child
Die Cut Dreams #101 - So Charming (metal embellishment)
Make It Monday #60 - Anything Goes

12 comments:

  1. this card is so vivid and gorgeous!


    thanks so much for playing along with us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that sentiment tag and your superb colouring .Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday
    Shirley-Anne
    ps hope that finger is ok ! Did you clean up your mess?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card.. Love the darling little image and its colored beautifully.. Thanks for joining us at TPS.. Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous image and lovely colour choice, love your card. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. fab job with the Jasmine looky likey, great card

    Thanks for joining us @ The Paper Shelter xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh that sounds painful! Great card, fab colours and layout. Thanks for sharing with us in our So Charming challenge at Die Cut Dreams this time. Hope to see you again next time.
    hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous card - thankyou for joining us at RRC - hope to see you again soon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Andy, what a gorgeous card. I love the cute image and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for joining in with my challenge over at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic love all the sassy pink
    Thanks for joining us at the "Die cut Dreams challenge" this time
    Hugs Susie Sugar & Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Andy! Great card! wonderful to see you addicted to the same things as me!! lol. Thanks for joining us at The paper Shelter, and good luck with the challenge.
    Hugs
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh ouch! It reminds me of my dad when I was little - he sharpened the garden shears and then checked to see if they were sharp... with his hand... umm yep I think all the blood proved they were sharp!

    Love your bright and cheerful card! Fab image, great colours and design. Thanks for joining in at PFP :o) Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi There.

    Fantastic card..

    Hope your finger is ok..

    Thanks for joining us at RRC.

    Huggies Angel

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment, I welcome constructive criticism.