My Family & Other Animals

Sunday 17 March 2013

"always be-lieve in..."


"Gold!"
Now I know what you must be thinking and some might even agree with you but yes I DO know that the Olympic Games were last year! I have had these images coloured up for the longest time and they have just sat in a little plastic tub forever, waiting to be put onto a card. I figured that as I always planned to make an Olympic themed card when I coloured the images I should just go ahead and do what I originally wanted to do. 
Making the card made me quite nostalgic for last Summer (and I use that word in it's loosest definition!), I was so proud of my country and I don't think we as a nation get to feel that way too often, so it made a nice change for us to be at the centre of the world's spotlight and for the reasons to be positive ones! I love this Magnolia collection and while I didn't get a lot of them (I am not exactly known for my sporting prowess) I thought that they made a nice break from the usual lovey-dovey images we normally associate with Magnolia.
This post is being written with my I-pad, another first for me but for some bizarre reason my laptop is unable to load a new post or even my list of postings, all I get is a never-ending wheel telling me they are loading! I was beginning to think it must be happening to everyone but a quick trawl through my favourite blogger's disproved that particular theory quick-smart. So now I am stuck with a problem that I have zero clue how to fix, if anyone has any ideas then please let me know, PLEASE!!
My time with Kenny K is drawing to a close and I only have one more card to make for him. I have loved my time with the team and I have been immensely proud to work with such a great, professional bunch, so keep your eyes peeled next Sunday for my last official DT card and a few words about my departure from the team.
As usual, I hope you like my card, I will be back mid-week with another one for you to peruse, until such time though I am sending 
 massive hugs 'n stuff,
Andy
xxx
Entered into: anything goes challenge blog #88 - Seeing Double
Bearly Mine Challenge #78 - Anything Goes
Cuttin' and Stampin' Challenge #11 - Colour Challenge (Pink, Blue, Green and Yellow)
Through The Craft Room Door Challenge - Anything Goes
Nana Vic's Challenge #4 - Anything Goes
Tuesday Alchemy Challenge #52 - Anything Goes
Bunny Zoe's Crafts Challenge - Girly
Card Mania Challenge #16 - Lots of Layers
Love To Create Challenge #57 - Anything Goes
My Grafico Challenge #147 - Anything Goes
Pause Dream Enjoy Challenge #6 - Anything Goes
Stamp With Fun Challenge #203 - Anything Goes
The Shabby Tea Room Challenge #158 - Anything Goes
There She Goes Challenge #199 - Anything Goes

13 comments:

  1. What a fun and festive card, Andy! Glad you made the card you were thinking of! Cute images and great details! Hope you get your posting issues sorted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andy, makes you proud to be British..lol I was totally hooked on all the coverage of the games I didn't move for the whole 2 weeks.. Anyway back to your card and love the double flags and golds.. wonderful colouring too..
    Thank you for joining us this week at Anything Goes Challenge Blog! ! good luck in the draw.
    Hugs Tamara
    PS I have blog candy to give away on my blog Posh Cat Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andy, wow this card is stunning! Love the images and your choice of paper and design is fab!

    Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us this week at Love to Create.
    Best of luck and we'd love to have you visit again!

    Mian
    Love to Create Design Team Member
    http://mianspysselhorna.blogspot.com

    PS. I use Google Chrome and I have never had any problems with posting on my blog. I heard that some have had problems with Explorer... Just a thought. Good luck, Mian. DS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this paper and your wonderful coloring. Thanks for joining us at stamp with fun.
    hugs Clarissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. These kids are having a great time!
    Thanks for joining us at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges. Good luck in the draw, and I hope you'll join us again for our next challenge.
    :) Janis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool card!!! Thanks for participating in our LOVE TO CREATE challenge!! Hope to see you again next week!

    ~DEANNE~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing your fun card with us in the Tea Room. Fabulous design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun card!! Thank you so much for playing with us this week at Love to Create's Anything Goes Challenge!! We can't wait to see what you'll create next time!!

    Many Blessings,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous bright cheerful card. Beautifully coloured and great layout... shame about the Tildas :).... no one will ever get me to like them.
    Sorry to read that you are leaving Kenny K's as I have loved the cards you have made for them. Hope we see you on another DT soon. I was a little disappointed at Harrogate, there weren't as many stalls as last year, but did manage to get 'a few' things.
    Hope all is well
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A super card Andy, good to be reminded how fantastic the Olympics were and how everyone seemed to have a really good time and enjoyed it all.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty card! It's always time for the Olympic's in my opinion!
    Thank you for joining us at the Cuttin' and Stampin' challenge!
    Teresa
    www.createeenjoyshare.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. such a cute card! Thanks for joinins us at Cuttin and Stampin! Janet R-DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card Andy, love the colourfulness of it, so cheerful. Like how you have cut around the images and also your colouring is great too, I also love my Promarker's *smile* Thank You for sharing with us at Lady Anne's Challenges. I hope we see you again soon.
    Love ~ Lady Anne xx

    Cards by Lady Anne

    Lady Anne's Challenge
    Lady Anne's Stamp Challenge
    Lady Anne's: NanaVic's Challenge

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment, I welcome constructive criticism.