My Family & Other Animals

Thursday 2 October 2014

"We're Going To The Chapel..."


It had to be done didn't it? The week where the most adored bachelor on earth finally 'put a ring on it', a sigh rang around the earth loud enough to be heard in outer-space.
Luckily for me Jo doesn't see the attraction so I don't have anything to worry about really. besides which I am so gorgeous maybe she's the one who should be worried!! (tongue very firmly in cheek before anyone decides to pick on me).
I have had this Kenny K image forever and thought it would end it's days dusty and unloved but when I saw how much fuss was being made over their simple little private service I couldn't resist giving it a go!
I wanted to keep it quite simple, so after colouring Dr. Doug with my Copics, I used my new set of star dies (which came free with a brand new magazine on the market - Diecutting Essentials), I then used Kraft card stock, core'dinations card stock in light blue, dark blue and cream, the title was cut from a Sizzix alphabet set and the whole thing was finished with a few gems for that bit of star bling! George is attached with double-sided foam pads and I think I achieved my goal of 'clean and simple' which is something I rarely manage to achieve given that I have an overwhelming desire to throw the kitchen sink et al at my cards.

Well what a week we've had eh? Other than George, we have had to deal with Ebola spreading like wild fire in Africa (so get ready for CNN to start spreading fear and neurosis in your neighbourhood real soon!!!), Wonga having to return a load of money to it's borrowers because they shouldn't have lent it in the first place (I will be rushing around town taking out £500 loans with as many dodgy dealers as I can find as of  9am tomorrow morning!!), Children running of to join IS (Islamic State) when they should be in school learning maths and stuff and not planning the most insidious acts known to man, There was a bit of good news for the Disabled though, they learnt that while the 'Con'servatives are freezing raises in benefits, they are not touching Disability Living Allowance, so a small bone gets thrown for the Disabled community!

So good to end on a bit of good news for a change, it almost never happens in real life eh!
Hope you have all had a good week too, Jo and I are gearing up for a Craft Fayre on the 12th October at Newark Showground so if you are going I hope we can say Hi to each other! I will be the man with the walking stick whose wife has a walking frame, yes we ARE the fittest people in Lincoln!
So have a great weekend and I will see you again soon,
Hugs 'n Stuff,
Andy
xx

3 comments:

  1. Great coloring. Love the tribute card. - Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. How's it going Andy? Your blog seems to have been a bit quiet lately. Hope everything is okay with both you and Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How are you? I hope you are well! Long time since you wrote on your blog. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment, I welcome constructive criticism.