My Family & Other Animals

Monday 20 August 2012

"Nice Legs, Shame About The Boat Race..."



Well, so far I haven't really done a massive amount for Squigglefly, we only post once a fortnight per team so I have only done 3 cards since I started and even then I missed one through poor health! So this is my latest entry for them and the image is one of the best I have coloured for ages, I am really proud of her hair, I think I have managed to get every strand showing near enough and I am quite happy with the finished card too, I used some really gorgeous new Basic Grey papers and a Memory Box die (which needed the Marianne steel plate to cut but went through my Cuttlebug a treat). I also cut out the Marianne card stand which looks lovely too and I might just treat myself to the other couple now!!

The image is called Badonkadonk, which refers to her lovely peach of a behind, one look at her face tells you how proud she is of this particular feature. For me though (please don't be offended, it's my blog and I do tend to just write about what's on my mind when I start!!), you will never beat Beyonce, that woman is just perfection, God really knew what he was doing when he put her together, she was clearly in the front of the queue when he was dishing out everything!

Yesterday I saw the video for her latest release (another track from '4' which was a surprise, yet she has taken time away from music to give birth!), the track is called "I Was Here" and is set in the United Nations building. Her performance is live and was used to launch the project called
'I Was Here', hunt it out on You Tube, she looks amazing and the song is awesome. I Was Here is tied in to World Humanitarian Day which was on August 19th and uses the slogan - Do Something Good, Somewhere For Someone Else. Personally I think we should try to do this every single day but I know we all have busy lives and it's not always easy, but how hard is it to do ONE nice thing a day, you could even try just giving someone you know (well) a peck on the cheek and give that person a compliment, tell them how much they mean to you, it's not hard to do and once you do it for the first time it becomes a lot easier and the people around you begin to reciprocate.

I have a couple of friends at work, Tina and Elaine and we have worked together for nearly three years now and I quite regularly tell them how special they are and how much they mean to me. I've seen a stamp with the words "Friends are the family you choose" and as corny and cliched as it sounds, I value my friends above all, they are always there for you and unlike your family they occasionally invite you round for dinner!!, of course this might just be my family that has no social etiquette.

Back to the card - this challenge is SFC33 - Techniques, we want you to use either your favourite technique (I myself have used colouring and die cutting), or a totally new technique you have always wanted to try out. So go on, give it a go and see what you can do, I would love to see your creations.

See you again really soon,

Hugs 'n Stuff,

Andy

xx

Entered Into: Basic Grey Challenge #75 - Anything Goes! (Paper Used - Out Of Print)

Craft Your Days Away (Final) Challenge #52 - Anything Goes

ATC's and Cards With Attitude Challenge #21 - Anything Goes

Avadares Challenge #2 - Anything For August!

Fat Pages and Cards With Attitude Challenge #21 - Anything Goes/Music

Inspire Me Friday's Challenge #73 - Anything Goes!

QKR Stampede Challenge #2 - Anything Goes

Stampin' For The Weekend Challenge #16 - Pearls And Swirls

Cute Card Thursday Challenge #231 - Bling It Up!

Dutch Dare Card Challenge #179 - Bling It On

Paper Crafting Journey Challenge - Anything Goes

16 comments:

  1. Andy as always it's beautiful. You did an awesome job on the hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be very proud of your coloring--it's awesome!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Card Andy :)
    I agree even a smile at someone who wasn't expecting it can change someones day.
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andy you saucy man you :) Another great card, fab colouring especially her hair. Love the die cut behind her and beautiful sentiment.
    This reminds me of a saying... Smile and the world smiles with you.... forget the rest about crying alone... if you smile enough it really is infectious. I know I work with infection control, but smiling is a disease I would never wipe out.
    Keep smiling my friend
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Andy,
    What a very pretty card - and you've colored her hair wonderfully! So glad you're on our RRR team at SF!! I love reading your commentaries - they always make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. morning Andy...fabulous card...absolutely adore this image...reminds me of my daughter who was also blessed with a curvy behind!! (thank god she doesnt read my comments as she would kill me!) but as I always tell her she should be proud of what god gave her! Your colouring of her is stunning especially the hair - i love it but then up to date I love ALL your work you are one talented guy. I once saw Beyonce at Sheffield Arena and was lucky enough to be on the front row right in the middle and let me tell you apart from being one hell of singer that woman is stunning with a capital S !! so understand your thoughts on her ...anyhow fab post yet again Andy x
    Debby x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love your coloring on this Andy! That die is just gorgeous and I love the papers you chose. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card and fantastic coloring, Andy. Thanks for playing at Avadares Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgerous card Andy, love the color of her hair. great image too. Thank you for joining us at Fat Pages and ATC's this fortnight. Abbie (Owner) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great coloring job. Thanks for joining us at Avadares for this challenge.
    Margaret, DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful!!! Great colouring! Thanks for joining us at PCJ for our anything goes challenge! Hugsxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. fantastic, fun card, love the image, you coloured her perfectly!

    Beautiful card!
    Many thanks for joining in the
    ♥Cute Card Thursday Challenge♥
    this week! Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great image, you did a fab job of the hair. Thanks for sharing with us at Dutch Dare Card Challenges this week.

    Hugs Helen DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another fabulous card Andy. Great colours and layout.
    Thanks for joining us over on ATCs & Fat Pages With Attitude.
    Hugs Alison x x

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow fab card! yes she does look kinda proud!! Lol! as should you! great card
    thankyou so much for joining the fun over at basic grey challenges!
    hugs
    Jacqui P x

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment, I welcome constructive criticism.