My Family & Other Animals

Tuesday 27 November 2012

"Watch Your Mouth Son Or You'll Find Yourself Floating Home..."


So first things first..., what song is this post title from? and can you guess what I want to talk about! Oh my giddy aunt, what is going on with all this rain at the moment? It feels like the big man upstairs turned a tap on to do the washing up a couple of months ago and then walked off to solve some problems, all the while leaving the rest of us to float to work in the car!
It is such a British thing to do, talk about the weather but this is the first time it has ever cropped up on this blog, normally I don't care what it is like but this relentless rain is really starting to drag me down.
As for all those poor people who are living in flood areas and are constantly having their lives turned upside down, I can't begin to imagine what it must be like for them. I would be bereft if I lost my books and scrapbooks and photos and it must be so annoying having to deal with Insurance companies who are notoriously slow at paying out! I think it is a damn shame that our Government isn't working with local coucils, Insurance companies and the various water boards to try harder to prevent the flooding. To the casual passer-by it could look like nobody cares one way or another!!
 
Jo and I have now started serious dieting as we are both suffering with our health and it has reached the 'enough is enough' stage that I'm sure a lot of addicts must reach too!
I liken us to addicts not because we can't get enough food but because we both go on, heads buried in the sand, denying what is right there in front of our eyes.
We go to the doctor once a month and we were both weighed a week ago and although we have only just started trying in earnest we are both going in the right direction. I am determined that I will not be fat and fifty, it's one or the other and as I plan on being around for a lot longer I guess something has to give! I will keep you updated.
On to my card and I have used one of the gorgeous Lily of the Valley images Fairy with Dove (available HERE for the princely sum of £4.50). For the first time this year I have started making 8x8 cards, you get so much more room and I have always loved a larger canvas to work on. I got the gorgeous blue Dotted Swiss A4 cardstock from Let's Create a few months back and the Cherry Blossom die is (of course!!) a Spellbinders. The flowers come from WOC and the corner pearls are another newbie to me, liquid pearls, which are so easy to use and give such a lovely effect. I finished the whole thing off with the ticket (Whimsy) and a piece of ribbon from my stash. Backing Papers were a gift from Jo! Hope you like it as much as I do, I am so rarely proud of my creations but this one feels very good to me this time.
Anyhoo, hope you aren't being flooded out and that life is treating you good. Hi to my new followers, great to have you join me on my journey.
take care,
Hugs 'n Stuff,
Andy
xx
Entered Into: Creative Card Crew Challenge #24 - Anything Goes
Deep Ocean Challenge #39 - Pastel Colours
Through The Craft Room Door Challenge #46 - Anything Goes
Tuesday Alchemy Challenge #42 - Anything Goes

9 comments:

  1. You do love your Take That songs Andy... and The Flood is so appropriate :)
    Yep sick of the rain here to but have to admit the river Wear would have to rise and cover most of the North East of England before it could reach my door. The flood pics on TV are terrible, I too feel so sorry for those affected.
    Glad to hear that you and Jo are looking to improve your health, it's never too late... hmmm perhaps I should listen to myself.. lol.
    Love your 8x8, I often do them for commissions as I think they think they are getting so much more with a bigger card.
    Great use of you LOTV image, love the dies and papers you have used and beautiful colour choices.
    Good luck with the diet... stay well
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely card. Thanks for playing along at Creative Card Crew. Cheers FiLoMa DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous creation ... love it, Thank you for sharing over @ Creative Card Crew this time
    Elaine DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous! I just love your cherry blossoms and that image is so sweet. Thanks for sharing with us at Tuesday Alchemy
    Hugs
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Andy this is gorgeous, the image, of course, is fabulous and I love the colours you have used. Those Cherry blossom dies are on my list to get.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Lili of the Valley stamps and your colouring is very beautiful.
    Thank you to share with us on the Deep Ocean Challenge.
    xoxoxo Eulalia

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! I love your design and the lovely flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty and awesome desiging - love the way the branches lead to the sweet image:) Thank you for joining us at TTCRD magazine challenge:) Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment, I welcome constructive criticism.