My Family & Other Animals

Sunday 16 September 2012

"I Put A Spell On You..."



Hi-De-Hi Campers, it's been a long week but I'm back again; new card, new challenge at the Kenny K site (more of that in a bit) and a fresher outlook on life for the first time in months.
Why so chirpy you ask?, well it's all chemically induced but I'm in no position to complain and if I'm honest with you I wouldn't want to anyway, for the first time in months I actually feel like my head is clear and I am even sleeping better, so yay to anti-depressants eh!
Jo and I have had a lovely day today, we have been at a friends' house all afternoon after being invited for dinner. We don't get out much these days as evenings are spent in bed watching the TV and friends all work during the day, so slowly but surely we are losing touch with people. We are very lucky that the friend we saw today is willing to put herself out for us. She picked us up and brought us home again and is the type of friend who says "you only have to ask you know" and actually means it!
I have spent a lot of time this week doing my colouring for future cards and am nearly finished a fantastic Make It Crafty image, one of their new(ish) releases of their lovely 60's inspired 'it' girls. So far it has taken me about six hours and it should be done tomorrow within a couple of hours, I just have one girls' hair left to colour and I can't believe how long it has taken me. I always knew I was meticulous but I am surprised at how slow I am! I tend to get lost in my own world when I colour, I am usually surrounded by my pens (the more you get, the less room you have for yourself!!) and I like to have a bottle of cold water on my left and a cat on my right (the cat is optional!, they have a tendancy to do what they want which can be annoying). I am completely self-tought and yet I would love to go on one of the Copic courses so I can get certified. I am being asked to show people how to colour all the time and I think I could make a bit of money showing others as everyone wants to show their work off to it's best don't they?
I want to get ahead of myself with Kenny as I just discovered a pile of Sugar Nelllie stamps I bought months ago and would love to work on, but judging by the pile of finished images I have I should just bite the bullet and crack on with any card that takes my fancy and worry about the latest Kenny once a fortnight, but since starting with the team I like to enter every challenge.
Anyhoo, back to this weeks card and the challenge over at the Kenny K Krafty Krew site is (Challenge #111) Black and White + one other colour. As you can see from my card the other colour is orange (we are having a challenge in a few weeks Black & Orange + one other so might just enter this card twice!!), it's a bit of a cliche I know but I do love the colours and when something works it works, I don't know what else to say. The image is called Trixxie Trouble and she was part of Kenny's last wave of releases. There isn't going to be a release for September as Kenny is really busy at the moment but he has promised a big release in October so that's worth keeping your eyes peeled for. The dies are a cross between Memory Box and Sizzix and she is coloured with my Copics on Nenah cardstock.
Well that's all from me for now, hope to see you again soon,
take care,
hugs 'n stuff
Andy
xxx
Entered Into - Crafting For All Seasons Challenge #36 - Things With Wings
Fab 'n Funky Challenge  #139 - Things With Wings
Paper Pretties Wednesday Challenge #224 - No Designer/Patterned Papers
Stamp 'n Doodle Challenge - Anything Goes
T and A Stamps Challenge #201 - Myth and Mystery
Whimsy Stamps Inspiratioms Challenge #51 - Anything Goes
Creative Craft Challenge - Anything Goes
Digital Tuesday Challenge #178 - Things With Wings
Papelitos Challenge #12 - Anything Goes
Through The Craft Room Door Challenge #36 - Anything Goes

6 comments:

  1. Chuckling here.... I looked at the first pic and thought ermmmmmmmmmmm Andy what's this?
    Then scrolled down to find the amazing inside. WOW she is a definite stunner !!!!
    Your colouring her is spot on. Love everything about it.
    Glad the pills have kicked in. Whatever works to make you feel good is definitely the way to go. Your friends sound like real treasures, great to have a few of those around. Mine certainly kept me going through a few bad times.
    Have to admit reading this post of yours you really do appear to have lost a lot of tension. Hope it continues, and really looking forward to seeing your next creation
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I figured the fence could be the garden fence, but as for the web....dunno, lol. I don't think I realized what it was until I'd done it. Got a fence on this weeks too, but no rhyme or reason to it this time.

    Lovin' the colouring on this one again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing Andy. Such a fabulous design, I love the colours and the wonderful Kenny K image is coloured perfectly.
    I'm glad to hear that you are starting to feel better, I hope that you continue to improve.
    Oh, nearly forgot! Thank you for taking part in the Fab n Funky Challenge

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card...Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous as always Thank you for joining our Tanda Teaser XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card! Beautifully coloured!Thank you for joining us this week at Fab'n'Funky!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment, I welcome constructive criticism.