My Family & Other Animals

Wednesday 22 February 2012

"Time (Clock Of The Heart)..."







So let's talk about last night's Brit Awards. I know it is a bit contentious but I really can't stand James Cordon. I used to like the boy and then it was like he was the saviour of British TV, he was everywhere and it was too much. As Smithy he's a funny character but I don't find him particularly funny as a man, his behaviour with Patrick Stewart was beyond childish and as Stewart was clearly drunk he needed to take the high road and I thought he just went down to Stewart's level. Last night he cut Adele off right in the middle of her biggest moment of her year - collecting the biggest Brit of the night in front of her hometown crowd. It wasn't his decision to do it, that much I am willing to concede, but as the final act of the night ALWAYS overrun he should have put his foot down and said no and let the girl have her moment. His inexperience really showed through.

As for the rest of the show all I can say is it was as disappointing as ever and I always find myself saying I won't bother watching it next year, but always end up doing the opposite!! Habit I suppose. I just find the whole thing so predictable and as the years go on it's really lost it's edge - how can Florence AND THE MACHINE be classed as female solo artist? How disrespectful to the band and how lazy to not go and look for more female solo artists, it's not like there's a shortage of them out there.

So, rant of the week over and on to this weeks card. The theme at I ♥ ProMarkers is Time and I really wanted to make a stepper card for a change. For the first time in ages the finished product is actually quite similar to what I had in my head (minus a few slight changes!!). The papers are a mix of Magnolia and Graphic 45, the clock die is a Tim Holtz and the flowers have been in the conservatory for the past two years!! It does say "It's Party Time" in rub-on's but as they are in the second step you can't really see them, hence the close-up image!! Anyhoo, hope you like the finished card and hope to see you again next week,

take care
Andy

xx


P.S. Just a few words about Whitney Houston. I remember the very first time I heard "Saving All My Love For You" and how her voice actually touched my heart. Over the years she has given us some absolutely stunning songs and albums, each one littered with hit after hit and yet I feel her death had a tragic inevitability about it. I fear her fate was truly sealed the very first time she met Bobby Brown and now all she will be remembered as will be some sad recovering junkie whose voice was kind of shot to pieces at the end. But none of this is true. Her last album was amongst the very best of her work and her voice (however much Autotune was utilised!!) still sounded strong and had that soft, soulful edge only Whitney had. I will miss her, I will listen to her until the end of my time and I know her music will have a lasting effect on people like me who will always remember her fondly and not as a figure of pity. Rest In Peace Whitney, I Will ALWAYS Love You x x x


Entered Into: Crafty Sentiments Designs - Two Designer/Differednt Papers

Bunny Zoe's Crafts Challenge #21 - Celebrations

Always Crafting Creative Monday Challenge #2 - Anything Goes

Creative Stamp Friends Challenge #45 - Inspired By Your Favourite Song

Karen's Doodles Challenge #98 - Celebrate!

Lollipop Crafts Challenge #68 - Anything Goes

Make It Monday Challenge #77 - Anything Goes

Nettie G's Digital Gems Challenge #3 - "Your Showcase (Anything Goes)"

Stamps R Us Paper Crafting Challenge - Anything Goes (Last Challenge!!)

The Crazy Challenge #107 - Use A Die Cut or Punch

The Cutie Pie Challenge #12 - Flower Power

Scrappy Frogs Challenge - Use Die Cuts

Stamptacular Sunday Challenge #152 - Charm Me!

12 comments:

  1. Fabulous card love the colours and the dimensions.

    Hugs
    Jayne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card! I had heard of you and how good you are with your promarkersa nd my source was not wrong - lol. That will make you wonder won't it - lol! Adding you to my favourites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card!!!Glad i saw you at MIM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FABULOUS! LOVE those wonderful colors on this gorgeous card! So many pretty details and the flowers are so pretty on this.
    Thanks for joining us at Stamps R Us Challenges.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Andy, your card is an absolute smasher (the light and shade in your colouring of Tilda is spot on!) Thank you for joining in with the cutie piess

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! Love the colors! Saw you at Make it Monday. ~Diane (I am #115)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card, love the colors, Thank you for joining our challenge at Stamptacular Sunday this week

    Hugs Winnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Gosh....how clever, clever , and clever...haha and adorable. I saw it at MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a gorgeous card Andy! Thank you for sharing at Cutie Pies Flower Power Challenge. Woo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this is awesome, those papers look great and what a super design, Tilda looks amazing as always, thank you for joining our challenge at Crafty Sentiments this week.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card you've made! =)
    Thanks for joining us at NettieG's Digital Gems!
    Hugs, Elenor DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks superb. Love the colour combo and the shape you've used for this card. Thanks for playing at Cutie Pie and good luck. Hope to see you back monday for a new challenge. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment, I welcome constructive criticism.