My Family & Other Animals

Wednesday 15 May 2013

"Holding Out For A Hero..."

Hi again, sorry I've been away so long, I have been utterly engrossed with Farmville and have been spending far too many hours on a daily basis basically wasting my life away!
So today I have very quickly harvested all my crops and planted some stuff that will give me a few days respite from the very strenuous toils of trying to get around harsh EU restrictions and praying my crops can survive our increasingly insane weather.
As you may have guessed from my post title, I want to talk about one of my guilty pleasures -The Eurovision Song Contest.
This Saturday will be my first chance to watch the show in four years as I usually work on Saturday evenings - but not this year! I will get to indulge my passion for over the top costuming, out of tune singing, insane lyrics, bizarre set dressing and an over-whelming outpouring of hate for the UK from an entire continent.
This year we have the Welsh rare-bit that is Bonnie Tyler, a woman with a stunningly good voice and a really high profile in Europe. To make things even more yummy is the song she will be singing this year DOES NOT SUCK! It's a very Euro-friendly tune and I am sure she will get on that stage and blow the competition away. All she has to do then is convince all the other countries that they can vote for us without looking like they are traitors! So cross your fingers and if you only do one thing on Saturday, then please - BACK BONNIE!
This week's card was a real favourite of mine. I really love this pair from Kenny K, you can almost imagine them sitting on you shoulder and whispering into your ear! I have kept the background very simple by just using my Grand fancy square dies from Spellbinders and plain coloured cardstock. The image was coloured with my ProMarkers this time.
I have been quite busy of late and you can expect some more cards in the very near future, so until then, please take care and have a great weekend.
Hugs and Stuff,
Andy
xx
Entered into: I love ProMarkers Challenge #168 - Simply Does It

8 comments:

  1. How cute is that! i love purple so i love this card even more! the image is so cute and im loving to heart at the top too - im glad your escaped farmville for a while to show off your cards, look forward to seeing more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I've truly enjoyed browsing your blog posts. After all I'll be
    subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again very soon!


    Also visit my web-site :: Drolet.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Andy ...yet again another fabulous card...love these grand dies ...wasnt sure about them but seeing your work of art...am definately going to invest at my next pay day these are gorgeous! Gorgeous image too and as always lovely colouring...I still dream that one day wil be able to colour in such a way !
    And agai nI have something in common with you ...I ADORE Eurovision...it is the one event I will not miss ...although last year I was in London celebrating the Eurovision at a intimate Bash with none other than the MIGHTY Bucks Fizz ( well Mike Nolan Cheryl Baker and Jay Aston) I have been a Fizz fan ever since 1981 and to this day love them to bits ...was a great night and also had the pleasure of meeting Antony from Blue who was a guest that night....so this year will be cheering for Bonnie ...love the song and hoping that for once we have a SONG contest and not a political tactical voting and get a good result!!
    Love Debby xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card, Andy! Love the cute pair and the layered diecuts! Have fun on Saturday! Go Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card. Thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers good luck Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice one Bro. Must admit, I like Eurovision too, but I've got a fat chance of watching it, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well And yet another fab card, not that I am bias. I love your colouring as always and the way you put things together. You never know I might be that good one day LOL. Love you Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Andy, love all the die cuts, thank you for joining us at I♥ProMarkers this week
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment, I welcome constructive criticism.